The School Programs Coordinator supports the Castle mission with the goal of providing and leading a variety of school-aged programs within the community. Additionally, he or she will work with schools and educators in order to coordinate the presentation of these programs.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal) are required for this position. Strong presentation and public speaking skills are needed in addition to the ability to work well with children of all ages. The ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team are also important. Computer and Internet literacy, including Microsoft Office programs is required. Experience working in a nonprofit or museum setting is also a plus. Previous teaching experience is highly recommended.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the development and planning of school-aged programming
- Research and coordinate contracts with school educators and administration
- Manage recordkeeping of all program details and oversee program assessment and evaluation
- Create digital content with Interpretative Team for students and teachers
- Work with other Castle departments and staff to develop and strengthen offerings
- Oversee the execution and evaluation of school-aged programming
- Lead field-trip groups on-site
- Travel to schools to lead in-school programs and assemblies
- Execute virtual programs
- Coordinate with educators and schools prior to all field-trips, in-school, and virtual programs
- Plan and carry out program evaluations for schools, teachers, and students using various assessment methods
- Collaborate with Curatorial, Education, Visitor Services, and other departments as needed in carrying out
- interpretative plan and programs
- Actively participate as a member of the Education Committee
- Actively participate in Castle Teacher Advisory Group
- Assist in the development of the operating budget for the Education Department
- Manage Education Department volunteers
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Education & Partnerships.
Attn: Director of Education & Partnerships
PO Box 687
Moultonborough, NH 03254