Are you looking for a new and exciting employment opportunity? Castle in the Clouds may be the perfect fit for you. We are hiring for our 2019 season and have part-time/full-time paid and volunteer positions available!
To apply for a paid or volunteer position, please fill out the applicable application below.
Paid Positions Immediately Available:
These positions have the opportunity to begin working immediately and continue working through our 2019 operating season.
- Dishwasher – PT/FT; wash dishes for restaurant service; 16 years or older
- Experienced Lead Line Cook – 30+ hours per week (weekends required); previous kitchen experience required
2019 Seasonal Paid and Volunteer Positions Available:
Cross-department training is available for those looking for more hours. Ideally, candidates will be available to work for the entire season (May 25th-October 27th). Additional hours before and after the regular season may be available, depending on the position.
MUSEUM(Full and Part-Time)
- Museum Guides – Click here for full job description
- Basement Tour Guides – Click here for full job description
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS (Part-Time)
- Gardeners – Click here for full job description
- Maintenance – Conduct grounds maintenance; assist in event set-up; perform basic building maintenance in facilities; and other duties as assigned by the Director of Buildings and Ground; 18 years or older
- Housekeeping – Click here for full job description
RESTAURANT (Full and Part-Time)
- Line Cook – Cook dishes for lunch and dinner menus; set-up and stock stations with all necessary supplies; experience required; 18 years or older
- Prep Cook – Prepare menu ingredients for cooking, including cleaning produce, cutting vegetables and meat, and preparing sauces; experience preferred; 18 years or older
- Dishwasher – Clean dishes, food preparation equipment, utensils, glassware, etc. using dishwasher or by hand; maintain a clean and orderly condition in kitchen work areas; 16 years or older
- Server – Provide food and beverage service inside and outside on the terrace; 18 years or older
- Bartender – Take beverage orders from patrons and wait staff at the restaurant and during events; prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as requested; interact with customers to assess preferences and make recommendations; experience required; 21 years or older
- Host – Greet guests upon arrival; provide accurate wait times; escort customers to dining and bar areas; help ensure excellent customer service and a pleasant dining experience to all guests; 15 years or older
- Busser – Clear and clean tables between guest services, taking plates, utensils and drinkware to the kitchen to be washed; ensure diners’ water glasses are full; reset tables for the next service; 15 years or older
- Ice Cream Scooper – Assist customers with preparing ice cream orders, snacks and light meals; 15 years or older
VISITOR SERVICES (Full and Part-Time)
- Front Gate Attendant – Click here for full job description
- Gift Shop Attendant – Click here for full job description
- Trolley Driver – Click here for full job description
VOLUNTEERS (Flexible Hours)
- Museum Docent –Provide educational interpretation for museum visitors; 16 years or older
- Greeter/Visitor Services – Greet guests inside The Carriage House, answer visitor questions, and provide support for group tours
- Gardens and Grounds Upkeep – Help maintain our beautiful gardens at The Carriage House, Lucknow mansion and front gate
Various other volunteer opportunities are available during programs and events. Click here to learn more about volunteering.