The photo contest is now closed. Thank you to those who submitted photos! We hope to announce the winners in the coming months. Please stay tuned!
Castle in the Clouds wants to show off your photography!
During our 2021 season, we will be selling calendars in our gift shop of the Castle in the Clouds property and want to include photos from our community members. Only photographs that adhere to our guidelines will be eligible. Please read below for more details.
The contest is open to photographers ages 16 and over. Contestants must be able to prepare digital files according to the below guidelines and upload files of photos when filling out the entry form. Contestants must also have access to a valid email address for communication with contest officials. Contestants can enter up to five photographs with the understanding that no more than two will be chosen as winning entries. As the judging for this contest is blind, staff may enter, but the judges may not.
Prizes & Recognition
Each winner will receive:
- A free calendar and individual membership for the 2021 season
- Photo credits in calendar and all future uses of submitted photos
- Shout outs on social media
- Files must be high quality JPGs at 300 dpi (dots per image) at 8 1/2 x 11”
- To ensure anonymous judging, please include NO signatures or watermarks that would reveal the name of the photographer
- All filenames should include the name of your photo and your first and last initial. Please refer to the following example: Lucknow_at_Night_DF.jpg
The photographer retains full copyright to his or her images. However, participation in the contest requires the contestant to give Castle Preservation Society permission to use the photographs without compensation on future Castle in the Clouds endeavors, which include, but are not limited to: publicity and marketing, website, and apparel. Castle in the Clouds will always include the photographer’s name when using the submitted images for any purpose.
A form will be added to this page and you may submit starting August 15, 2020. All submissions must be received no later than February 28, 2021 at 11:59 PM to be eligible. Winners will be announced on or before May 1, 2021.
Additional Need to Know
- Our hours are 10 am to 5:30 pm for the Ticket Office, the Carriage House, and the Castle. The field and the hiking trails are open from dawn to dusk.
- Accessing the property outside of these hours is strictly prohibited and considered trespassing.
- Drones are not allowed on our property without prior consent from our Executive Director.
- Flash photography is not allowed within the Castle.
- Monopods, tripods and selfie sticks are strictly prohibited on the historic lawns of the Castle and inside the historic house.
Featured photo, “The Pebble” by J.R. Hall Photography; top photo, “The Falls of Song” by Outdoor Project Contributor Stephanie Graudons