Are you looking for a new and exciting employment opportunity? Castle in the Clouds may be the perfect fit for you. We have a variety of seasonal positions in full-time, part-time and volunteer capacities.
There are currently two openings for year-round employment.
- Development Director – Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will be responsible for organizing, supporting, and coordinating CPS fundraising initiatives. This staff member will ensure that all ambassadors (Board and ED) have the tools and information to be successful in their efforts to increase financial resources. The Development Director will develop systems, research prospects, and help with donor stewardship – supporting the ED and Board to be fully engaged in the efforts to raise needed funds. Click here for a full job description of the Development Director.
- Marketing Coordinator – Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and executing promotional and public relation outreach to drive attendance to the Castle and various programs and events, as well as to further our mission and deepen engagement with the community. This staff member will ensure that all marketing and communication efforts are delivered in a timely and consistent manner. The Marketing Coordinator will also ensure a robust social media and web presence for the Castle – inviting audience engagement both on-line and on-site. Click here for a full job description of the Marketing Coordinator.
Here are a few seasonal positions we are looking to fill. Most work is May through October with some dates into November. As our off-season grows so will some of these positions.
The Carriage House Restaurant
- Server – PT/FT; food and beverage service inside & outside on the patio; 18 years or older
- Host/Hostess – PT/FT; greet and seat guests upon arrival, clear tables; 16 years or older
- Bartender – PT/FT; bar service in restaurant and events; experience required; 21 years or older
- Cones in the Clouds Attendant – FT/PT; assist customers with preparing ice cream orders, snacks and light meals; 15 years or older
- Chef in Training – FT; work one-on-one with our Executive Chef to create lunch and dinner menus, prepare meals, place orders; experience and references required; 18 years or older
- Line Cook – PT/FT; prepare food for lunch & dinner menus; experience required; 18 years or older
- Prep Cook – PT/FT; prep food for lunch & dinner menus; experience preferred; 18 years or older
- Dishwasher – PT/FT; wash dishes for restaurant service; 15 years or older
- Front Gate Attendant – PT; greet guests to the property and sell admission tickets; must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; 16 years or older
- Visitor Services Associate – PT/FT/V; welcome guests to The Carriage House, provide general information about programs, events, and daily operations; give museum orientations and be point person for group tours; 16 years or older
- Gift Shop Attendant – PT; sell merchandise in our Gift Shop, restock and keep track of inventory, answer general questions about daily operations; 16 years or older.
Weddings & Events
- Wedding Assistant – FT; assist venue renters with planning, coordination & set up of events; provide tours; weekends required; 18 years or older
- Event Set-up/Security – PT; assist with event set up and safety of guests & property; weekends and nights required; 18 years or older
Facilities & Maintenance
- Facilities Assistant – FT; help maintain buildings and grounds; weekends required; 18 years or older
- Trolley Driver – FT/PT; transport visitors on the property; valid CDL required; 18 years or older
- Housekeeper – PT/FT; maintain the interior cleanliness of the buildings; 18 years or older
- Museum Guide – PT/FT/V; provide orientation and educational interpretation for museum visitors; 16 years or older
- Administrative Assistant – PT/FT; answer phones, general office tasks such as data entry, bulk mailing, etc; 16 years or older
- Gardener – PT; assist with our Master Gardener to help maintain our pristine gardens; 16 years or older
- Various other volunteer opportunities available during programs and events
Cross-department training is available for those looking for more hours. Ideal candidates can stay with us through the end of the season. Click here for an application for our season positions, or stop by one of our Job Fairs.