Postcard Photo Contest
Submissions due April 30th
Open to the public
We’re looking for the perfect picture for a new postcard and need your help! Send us your pictures from your visits, and be entered to win a grand prize of an annual membership.
This contest is open to the public. You may only submit up to three (3) photos, so select your best. All submissions must be received by April 30th. The winner will be announced via social media on Opening Day, May 13th.
Types of Photos
We are looking specifically for photos of the interior of the Lucknow Museum, such as pictures of the rondels, views through the windows or artistic interior shots; special architectural features of the interior or exterior of our buildings; fall foliage images highlighting the autumn leaves from our estate; and views of the lakes and mountains with signifying features of our estate.
This photo contest is to help us generate a postcard to be sold in our Gift Shop – photos should be submitted without needing alterations. Postcards are 4″x6″ so photos should be close to that size and/or scale. Horizontal and vertical images will be accepted.
How to Submit Your Photos
Submit your photos by posting to our Facebook page or via Twitter. Be sure to include somewhere in the post that it is an entry for our “Postcard Photo Contest.” Sorry – we will not be using Instagram as a submission platform for this contest, but you are welcome to share any of your pictures and tag us! Photos may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must be received by 11:59pm on Sunday April 30th. Be sure to include the photographer’s first and last name so a photo credit can be included if we use your photos.
A Castle in the Clouds representative may contact you via social media to email us with more information. This does not necessarily mean that your photo was selected as the winning photo. The winner(s) will be contacted via social media and/or email with verification that his/her photo was selected as a winner. We will publicly announce the winner and his/her photo on opening day, Saturday May 13th.
Our grand price is an Individual Membership valid during the 2017 season. With this membership you can visit the historic Lucknow museum any day, as much as you want, FREE of charge for the season! You’ll also receive member benefits like discounted admission to select events, a discount in the Gift Shop, free admission passes to use for your friends, and more!
Runner up prizes may include one-time use admission passes, gift certificates or gift shop merchandise.
By submitting a photo, you agree to abide by the following rules for our photo contest. If you have any questions about these rules or would like more information about the contest, please call 603-476-5414.
- Candidates may submit up to three (3) photos only
- Photos should not contain any person’s face or identifiable features
- All photos must have been taken on our property by the submitting photographer
- All photos should be postcard ready, cropped and sized to 4×6
- All submissions must be received by April 30, 2017; winner(s) will be announced Opening Day, May 13th
- ALL submissions will become property of Castle Preservation Society; these photos may be used for marketing/promotional purposes even if they are not contest winners; photo credit will be given
- Photos may be uploaded to our social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram or emailed to email@example.com
- Any photo including inappropriate images, etc will be deleted from our page and the user will be blocked
- Any post including inappropriate language will be deleted from our page and the user will be blocked
- Submissions must include the photographer’s first and last name in order to receive photo credit
- If submitting via email, also include contact telephone and email address
- A Castle in the Clouds representative may contact applicants via social media for more information if their photo is selected as a potential winner